If you want your garden to look pretty but easy to take care of? These are some of the easiest flowers to grow.
1) Sunflowers – Sunflowers are easy to take care of and fun to watch them grow so tall. Some of these sunflowers can grow up to 14 feet tall. Sunflowers grow well with sunny, sheltered soil. Tip: Support the stems of the tall sunflowers.
2) Sweet Peas – Sweet peas are pretty and fragrant. Sweet peas have large seeds so they are easy to sow. They love a sunny spot, some support, and plenty of water. Tip: Mice love sweet pea seeds so protect the seeds when they are growing.
3) Nigella (love-in-a-mist) – Nigella is tougher than it looks. If you scatter the seeds across the soil that will easily plant those. Nigella loves full sun and watering in dry conditions. Tip: Sow two to three to maximize the number of flowers.
4) Aquilegia – Aquilegia grows back every year so you don’t have to plant them ever again. Aquilegias love sun and semi-shade. They also love moist but not too watered soil. Tip: This flower is good in rock gardens.
5) California Poppy – California is so easy to grow because they are ok with poor, dry soil. These poppies love full sun and well-drained soil. Tip: This flower is also good for rock gardens.
6) Nasturtium – These flowers are perfect for border flowers or spilling out of containers. They love full sun and well-drained, poor soil. Tip: They have edible peppery flowers that are good as a garnish or in salads.
7) Marigolds – These are perfect if you have small children or younger siblings because they grow fast and you will see the colorful flowers. They love sunny, fertile, well-drained soil. Tip: If you want to repel blackfly and greenfly you can sow French Marigolds among tomatoes.
8) Hardy Geranium (cranesbill) – These flowers are very low maintenance and are very full so there is no need to weed. They love fertile, well-drained soil and partial shade. Tip: Trim them after the first flush of flowers to help them grow more.
9) Fuchsias – These grow from plugs and are perfect for adding color to baskets and gardens. Fuchsias love moist soil in semi-shade. Tip: Fuchsia fruits are edible; they are mostly used in jam.
10) Pansies – Pansies are easy to grow and have great colors. Pansies love rich, fertile, moist soil and full sun. Tip: cut off any seed heads to prevent them from them stop growing