• January 16Elective Showcase on January 16th

The Fourth Graders Go To Lazy W

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Fourth Graders Go To Lazy W

Drew P., Writer

Today the fourth graders went to the Lazy W Ranch. This is a California Gold rush inspired overnight Image result for the pilgrim dana pointfield trip. They will begin their trip with a fun morning at the Ocean Institute at Dana Point. While they are there, they will learn about the historic tall ships and the life of the sailors on their way to California. Students will explore and learn about the ships in Dana Point. They will even get to go under deck on the Spirit of Dana Point and The Pilgrim. They will meet many men and women, each one teaching them something different about the hard trips to California. They will also get to go rowing in the harbor of Dana Point. Their time in Dana Point Harbor will teach them so much about the life and experiences of those who once hoped to travel to California to strike it rich or lose everything in the process. Either way, the life of a man or a woman in the California gold rush was not easy. These fourth Graders will have a lot of fun at Dana Point Harbor.

After their time in Dana Point, the Fourth Graders will get onto a bus that will take them to the Lazy W Image result for lazy w ranch californiaRanch. This camp is an extremely authentic California Gold rush style ranch in a vast forest. At this camp, they will spend the remainder of their day enjoying the life of a man or woman during the California Gold Gush. They will then enjoy a group dinner fit for a prospector. After dinner, the will have the opportunity to learn more about the life and hardships of those who set out to strike gold. Students will then go to their cabins and enjoy a nice sleep. The next day students have even more activities planned. This is when students will get the chance to actually hunt for gold. They will pan and search for the precious stones. Then students will make their way back to the cabins and enjoy a nice lunch. Then students will board a bus and make their way back to CRA.

About the Writer
Drew P., Writer

My name is Drew and there are many things I enjoy. My favorite thing to do is ride my skateboard. I also love music. My favorite types of music are Cali-reggae...