4th Grade Presentation

Back to Article
Back to Article

4th Grade Presentation

Chloe Y., Editor/Writer

Mission’s Project

What would you do if you had to design and build a 22nd California mission? Well, the 4th graders recently finished their mission’s project where they were tasked to build a website, an artifact, and present their ideas in front of the parents and Archbishop Fonte. Each person in the groups had a specific role being either in charge of the architecture, layout, or location of the mission. I interviewed some students in fourth grade who had worked hard on this project. Ellise said, “Our mission name is Mission de Petaluma con Aqua… We don’t know who won yet but I felt really good about it [the presentation] because before, they [students/judges] said we had a really strong introduction. I didn’t feel scared, I felt happy we were presenting.” A lot of the responses that we heard from the students were very similar- they were all very enthusiastic and confident about their project even though they didn’t know who had won yet. The groups also worked on a website that displayed the various elements of their mission. For example, Ella said, “For my group we focused on a Weebly site because we wanted it to look especially for missions. My role was architecture and my favorite part was making the sculptures.” We were greatly impressed with how much time and effort the students had put into their project whether it be with the clay models, the website, or even taking on individual roles to help their group succeed. Next time you visit or hear about the 21 California missions, think of all the work that these students put into making their own 22nd mission!