Run for the Arts

Layla Kachani, Writer

Run for the Arts used to be known as the Tech Trot, but we changed it to Run for the Arts. Run for the Arts is a fundraiser which used to be for electronics and technology, but we raised enough money for electronics so now we are raising money for the arts. Some of the Run for the Arts sponsors’ are Mcdermott & Bull, Trader Joe’s, Circus Tricks, Judicate West, J5 Fire Lids, Animodus, Domestic Violence Legal Center, Metric Construction, and O.C. Janitorial, among many more. Our goal is for each student to raise $150.
Run for the arts is always the 31st of October. There was a different theme for each grade. For example, there were the K1 Olympians, the K2 Golden Gliders, K3 was tye dye, K4 was camo, and K5 was tropical theme. First grade was 80’s theme, second grade was disco, third grade was neon, fourth grade was mystical creatures and camo, 5th grade was crazy everything, 6th grade was tye die fish, 7th grade was tie dye bandanas and camo, and 8th grade was memes and mardi gras.
Volunteers also supplied smoothies and water. In the smoothies, there were strawberries, bananas, and orange juice. At the water booth, there was a volunteer handing out water and making sure they where saving their cups.

At run for the arts there was not only running, we also had an obstacle course and the eighth graders where helping run the whole thing. It seemed like everybody had a great time!

About the Writer
Layla Kachani, Photographer and Publisher

Hi, my name is Layla Kachani and my job is to post school events and take photos for both elementary and middle school. Some things about me are that I...